Tuition Option Payment Plan
Effective autumn semester 2013
Ohio State's Tuition Option Payment Plan (TOPP) allows students and their families to divide the cost of tuition, housing, and fees into installment payments for autumn and spring semesters. TOPP is not offered for summer term. To participate, students must sign up for TOPP each semester and pay a $30 enrollment fee.
How to sign up
Students can enroll in TOPP through their Student Center once fees are calculated for the term through the second Friday of classes. Note: late fee payment penalties will still apply.
- Log in to your Student Center via buckeyelink.osu.edu.
- Click on Account Inquiry in the Finances section.
- Select the Payment Plan tab.
- Select a plan, review the installment schedule, agree to the terms, and enroll in the payment plan.
- Open your Statement of Account to view the installment amounts and due dates.
How TOPP works
- Only current term charges not covered by financial aid can be included in TOPP.
- The first TOPP installment is due on the initial payment due date, which is always seven days prior to the first day of class. The remaining payments are due about every 30 days (see table).
View more FAQs about fee payment and refund/forfeiture policies at enrollmentservices.osu.edu/fee-FAQs.html.
TOPP payment schedule for 2013-2014
|2nd payment due
||3rd payment due
| AU 2013
||Aug. 14, 2013
||Sept. 14, 2013
||Oct. 14, 2013
| SP 2014
|| Jan. 2, 2014
||Feb. 2, 2014
How to make payments
The preferred method for paying tuition and fees, including TOPP payments, is online from a checking or savings account, but Ohio State accepts MasterCard, Discover, VISA and American Express. For details and payment options, go to: ssc.osu.edu/your_student_account.html
Important financial responsibilities and penalties
- All TOPP installments must be paid on or before the due date (see table)
- Failure to pay the first installment by the assigned due dates will result in late fees ($200, increasing to $300 for failure to pay by the 2nd Friday of classes).
- Students who fail to pay the first installment by the 2nd Friday of classes will be dropped from all enrollments for non-payment. Students must pay all charges for the semester to be re-enrolled.
- Failure to pay a subsequent installment by the listed due date will result in late fees and a hold, which will cause services to be withheld, including obtaining grades, registering or enrolling, receiving a transcript, or borrowing books or equipment.
Late fees, including fees assessed on behalf of University Residences and Dining Services, and fees for returned checks and associated charges, cannot be paid in installments and are due immediately!
Contact the Student Service Center (SSC)
Student Academic Services Building, First floor
281 W. Lane Ave.
Columbus, OH 43210
Phone: (614) 292-0300 | Toll-free: 800-678-6440