How to make guardian and online payments.
Authorized guardians can make payments online once a student has set up a login through their Student Center. For instructions, see Paying tuition and fees.
Financial Responsibility Statement
All students are required to agree to a Financial Responsibility Statement online through their Student Center prior to enrolling in courses each term. By agreeing to the terms of the statement, a student acknowledges financial responsibility related to the cost of attendance at The Ohio State University; financial responsibility to pay any additional incurred fees, fines, or penalties; and the repercussions and financial responsibility involved in the debt collections process.
Students who do not complete the Financial Responsibility Statement prior to registering each term will have a Registration Lock Hold placed on their account. To remove this hold, a student must complete the statement.
For more information about Financial Responsibility Statement, go to:
Forever Buckeye Ohio residency provision
The State of Ohio established a new provision called Forever Buckeye that extends the in-state tuition rate to Ohio high school graduates who had left Ohio but return to enroll in an Ohio public institution of higher education and establish a primary residence in Ohio by the first day of classes of the requested term.
The Forever Buckeye provision waives the required 12-month period of establishing domicile in Ohio to qualify for in-the state tuition rate for students who:
- were Ohio residents at the time of high school graduation,
- graduated from a high school in Ohio (does not include home- schooled students or GED recipients),
- have the current legal status to remain permanently in the United States, and
- have established primary residence in Ohio as of the first day of classes for the requested term.
For more information about Forever Buckeye, go to: registrar.osu.edu/Residency/forever_buckeye.
Information releases online
All student information releases can be completed online by clicking on Student Information Release in the Personal Information section of the Student Center, available via buckeyelink.osu.edu
For more information, see the Student information releases FAQ.
Pending financial aid
- Financial Aid is identified as “pending” on your account until it is disbursed approximately 10 days prior to the start of the term, as long as you remain eligible.To view pending aid, go to the dropdown menu in your Student Center and select “pending financial aid.” Once aid is disbursed, any refund will be deposited into your bank account within 3 to 4 business days if you have set up direct deposit, or a check will be processed and mailed within 7 to 10 business days if you have not.
Order transcripts and verification online
For more information or to make a request, go to registrar.osu.edu or buckeyelink.osu.edu and select the appropriate link.
- Official Ohio State transcripts and verifications of enrollment are available to order online.
Enrollment verifications are free for current students but fees apply for former students and third-party requests. Transcript costs vary depending on requested services. Payment by credit card is required when orders are placed.